You probably have heard about the table tennis conversion top and yet you don’t really know what it is or the real function is. You see, when you have a passion for table tennis (or ping pong, for some people), you probably want to have the table at home so you can always play it whenever you want to.
However, a table tennis can be quite big, wide, and large. It won’t be a problem when you have enough space. But when you don’t, that’s the function of the conversion top.
Table Tennis Conversion Top: The Main Function
As it was mentioned before, the table tennis conversion top will turn your regular dining table into a table tennis. As long as you have the right table with wide and flat surface, such as the dining table, the pool table, or others, you can always turn them into your favorite table tennis area with this conversion top.
This conversion top is totally handy, especially if you have a limited space at home. If your house isn’t too big and you are dealing with space issue, this conversion top will be very handy.
Not to mention that the conversion top is portable, foldable, and doesn’t need a lot of space for the storage. It is safe to say that with this special conversion top, you can still enjoy your favorite sports without fuss or hassle.
The Main Benefits
Naturally, there are a lot of benefits you can enjoy from having this table tennis conversion top. First of all, you can always enjoy your favorite sports anytime you want. Second, you don’t have to own the table, which can be quite expensive and bulky to store.
With the conversion top, you can enjoy an easier management in the storage – enjoy less hassle and more fun to life! Third, if you are into the indoor game so much, this is the great time to do it. After all, the conversion top is very easy to use and store.
Fourth, you can always store or keep the conversion top in the most efficient manner without having to prepare a special place to do so. Fifth, enjoy the easy fold and use.
Whenever you want to play ping pong, you simply laid the conversion top on the pool or dining table, and voila! You have your own table tennis – which is pretty flexible, solid, and durable.
How to Choose the Right Top
Yes, a conversion top is totally handy but be sure that you have done your research well before buying a piece. First of all, consider the size of the table.
Most of the conversion top is smaller and narrower than the real table tennis. It would be wise if you can measure your dining or pool table so you can get the right conversion top size.
Moreover, you should also consider the size of the room. You want to be able to play comfortably and conveniently so make sure that you have enough space to move around or do maneuver.
If you have thought about these factors, it is a guarantee that you should get the perfect table tennis conversion top that you want.
Martin Kilpatrick 3/4-inch Pool Table Conversion Top
- Having 1×1 foam protective pads under the conversion top to protect against damaging on the pool table.
- 3/4″ German crafted
- 1.5″ metal rail offers added stability
- Exclusive net assembly enables you to use it on a 5′ wide pool table
- Surface connectors make the tops attached sturdily on the pool table
- Weight: 90 lbs
- Stylish black finish
- Durable foam-backing
- Dimensions: 92-1/4″ x 54″
- Weight: 140 lbs
Prince Table Tennis
- 2-piece table construction (incorporated felt pads to provide good protection for the pool table)
- Perfectly fit for any 6′ or 8′ pool table
- Dimensions: 108″ L x 60″ W x 5/8″ D
- Weight: 120 lbs
Butterfly Ping Pong Table Top
- Green 19mm chipboard top
- Tables come in 2-halves
- Dimension: 9′ L x 5′ W
- Storage size: 4’5″ x 5″ x 1 3/4″
- Weight: 50kg
Hathaway Quick Set
- Come with surface protection pads under the table to protect against damaging on the pool table
- 4-piece hinged design for easy installation and storage
- 1/2″ thick playing surface coated with high quality PVC laminate
- Dimensions: 9’L x 5’W
- Weight: 88 lbs
Olhausen Ping Pong Table Top
- Tournament size: 5′ x 9′
- Fits for all 7′ and 8′ billiard tables
- Play dimension: 107.8″ L x 3/4″ H x 60″ W
- Only available in black.
- Weight: 121 lbs
Joola Table Tennis Top
- Transform billiard table into a ping pong table in a matter of seconds
- Perfectly fits for pool tables of up to 8 feet of the length
- Comes in two separate halves
- Made of 5/8″ thick MDF
- Sleek, charcoal black painted surface
- Soft EVA foam padding underside
- Come with deluxe net & post set
- Playing dimensions: 9′ x 5′ x 1″
- Weight: 118 lbs
Stiga Fusion Table Tennis Top
- Converts existing pool table into ping pong table
- Fits for most 7′ and 8′ billiard tables
- Half-inch dark green table top
- Side strips help align top at the right position
- 30″ center-mounted steel stiffeners
- Sponge rubber strips help to protect rails and keep the conversion top safely and securely in place Weight: 118 lbs
9ft Pool Table Insert – Table Conversion
Read for more references on related topics: